Firefox Sync (formerly Mozilla Weave) is a Firefox add-on, which can synchronize bookmarks, browsing history, preferences, passwords, filled forms and last 25 opened tabs, across multiple computers. It securely keeps user data on Mozilla servers and automatically sync your data with other computers. It uses both Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with 256-bit key and the asymmetric cryptography – RSA with 2048-bit key to secure your data. The encryption is so strong that no third party, not even Mozilla can access user information. You can easily configure the devices using the account name, password and the sync key. Follows the steps below to configure Firefox Sync account.
Configure Firefox Sync Account
- Go to the Firefox Sync download page >> click Add to Firefox
- After installation is finished, click Restart Firefox
- In the Add-ons window, click Options to open the sync panel
- Click the Set Up Firefox Sync button
- Click Create a New Account
- Enter your email address and password, which will be used to access the synchronized data
- The Sync key is generated, It is important to print a copy of the key and keep it safely (the key is required to retrieve & decrypt the uploaded data)
- Enter the text displayed in the Window to indicate that you are not a robot
- You will see a Setup Complete! message >> Click Finish to close the setup window.
Firefox Sync will automatically sync the data to Mozilla servers in the background