Like other versions of Windows, Windows 7 and Vista also show warning for low disk space. This warning is displayed when any of your drive is nearly out of free space. Of course, it is an useful feature but only for the first time! When the notification comes again and again, it becomes irritating. Unfortunately there is no option to tweak the low disk space warnings, you have to edit the registry to stop the warning.
- Click on start
- Click on run >> type in Regedit and press enter
- Navigate to the following registry subkey:
- Right click the Explorer and choose New >> click DWORD (32bit) Value
- Type in NoLowDiskSpaceChecks and press Enter
- Double click the new value and enter the value 1 in the data field
- Click OK and close the registry editor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer \
Warring: This tweak will modify the Windows registry, so before you attempt any changes please take a back up!