Are you a user of the Windows 8 Developer or Consumer Preview Versions? Then you must have idea about the new lock Screen feature that enhances the beauty of your desktop. Many users may of course like this feature as it beautify your desktop, but many may not like as it augments the booting duration of your PC. So, if you want your PC to boot fast, then you have to disable this feature on your Widows 8 operating system. It’s not a much difficult task. Just follow the below given steps and see how easily you can handle the task!
Steps to Follow
- Press Win + R key on your keyboard to launch the “Local Group Policy Editor”. Now you will come up with the “Run” box.
- Type “gpedit.msc” in the Run box and press “Enter”.
- Now go to the left panel and click “Administrative Templates”, “Control Panel” respectively and select “Personalization”.
- You will come up with a new window at the right side with all you required settings.
- Double-click the “Do not display the lock screen” Button.
- Change the radio button from “Not Configured” to “Enabled” and click “Apply”.
- You are done now.