Like some other browsers Mozilla Firefox enters in the offline mode, whenever you try to open it without having internet connection. When Internet connections is available Firefox should switch to online mode, but it always does not switch to the online mode automatically. Sometimes it is really annoying specially when you are browsing the web on a Wi-Fi connection or changing your internet preferences from Wireless to LAN. You can fix this problem permanently by disabling the off line mode. To disable the offline mode in Firefox, you can follow the below steps.
Disable Offline Mode in Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser
- Type about:config in the location bar and press Enter
- Firefox will show a warning, click on the button labeled as I’ll be careful I promise
- You can see a list of Firefox preferences and settings. Right-click anywhere on it and choose New >> Boolean
- Enter a name as network-manage-offline-status and set it’s value to False
From now Firefox will not enter in Offline mode when it encounters a change or break in your internet connection.