Mozilla officially pushed Firefox 6 into Aurora channel and Firefox 7 to Nightly Builds. Aurora channel is meant for the users who want to use the advanced version of Firefox web browser. Aurora channel is a development phase but more stable than the nightly build. Firefox 5 currently is in Beta and will be finalized and offered to end users on 21st June 2011. After releasing final version of Firefox 5, Firefox 6 will be pushed from Aurora to Beta, and Firefox 7 will move to Aurora, which is currently in Nightly.
Firefox 6 Aurora Features
- Data Management Window is an experimental feature that provides control over the the access that specific websites have to your browsing data, including cookies, passwords and location information
- Add-ons Manager with Plugin Check quickly verifies the compatibility of installed plug-ins directly from the Add-ons Manager
- Panorama Groups on Demand improves browser startup time and overall experience by allowing power Panorama users to load saved tab groups only when using Panorama
- Web Console adds the ability to move the console to other parts of the window or break out into a separate window
- Web Developer Menu provides access to developer tools from the Firefox Aurora Menu Button
- Firefox Aurora has additional support for HTML5, DOM level 3, server-sent events, networking technologies and other tools
Firefox Aurora users will get automatic update notification to upgrade to Firefox Aurora 6. Users can also go to “About Aurora” menu and select “Apply update manually” to get the new version of Firefox. All Firefox versions are available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Download Firefox Aurora 6.
Download Firefox Nightly Builds 7.