No matter you are a Windows Vista or 7 User or using Widows XP, or running a personal server, it’s essential to know how long your PC has been up or running and accordingly you can fix a rest hour for your PC. It makes a huge difference if you remain unaware about this essentiality of Windows. Consistent and restless use of your PC may cause a hazard or damage. If you are a Windows 7 or Vista user, then go though the following steps to determine the running hour of your PC.
Steps to Follow
- Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar of your PC.
- Click “Task Manger”.
- Instead you can also type “taskmgr.exe” in the search box of Windows Start Menu and press enter.
- Both the procedures will launch the “Windows Task Manager” before you. Now find out how long your PC is running from “Up Time” located under the “System” menu. See the below given Screen Shot.
- But if you are a Windows XP user, then you have to follow some different procedures. For Windows Home Server, XP or Server 2003, click the “Start” button and start “Run”.
- Type “cmd” there and press “Enter”.
- You will get prompted with the Command Prompt.
- Now type “net stats srv” at the command prompt type and press “Enter” again.
- Now you can see the line statistics as it displays the date and time your system has been running. Given below, a screen shot of the same.