Windows has configured the common password procedure (i.e. the input password method) in Windows 8 like its other versions of Windows. Besides, it has also configured another fantastic password method in Windows 8 and i.e. the Pattern Logon method.
Though a bit complicated, yet more secure and passionate it is in comparison to the other password technique. There is no password to type and hence no guess of passwords and your system is fully protected from the especially skilled data stealers called hackers. You have to draw a Patter Logon on the screen with the help of small squares in this system. Anyhow, the Pattern Logon method is disabled by default in Windows 8 and you must know how to turn it on to ensure maximum protection for your PC. Go through the following few steps and see how you can activate the Pattern Logon feature in Windows 8.
Steps to Follow
- Click “Start” and then go to “Control Panel”.
- In control panel click “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
- Click “User Accounts” then.
- In the User Account page click the “Set up a pattern for pattern logon” option, located at the end of the page.
- Now you will get a new pop up window on your screen namely “Enroll in Pattern Logon”.
- Draw a pattern of your choice in the Window by clicking on the available small squares. In order to authenticate the pattern you must choose at least three squares.
- Now click the “Next” button.
- Enter the pattern again to make it confirmed.
- Again click the “Next” button and you are done.