You can check your local weather conditions and forecast right from the taskbar in Windows 7 with WeatherBar. It is a free utility, which keeps you up-to-date with the weather in your area. It is written in c# and can be integrated with the Windows 7 Taskbar, this is the advantage of this application over other weather applications and gadgets. It is very easy to use, once WeatherBar is downloaded, click the pencil icon and set your location. Then, the WeatherBar will forcast the weather of your location.
How to use WeatherBar
- Unzip the downloaded file and run the WeatherBar2.exe file (WeatherBar2 does not need installation. It runs directly from the .exe file)
- Click the pencil icon next to Location on the left side of the window, to select a location.
- The Change Location dialog box will be displayed >> You can either enter the city and state directly into the edit box, or use the US Location button to select a city and state.
- If you click on US Location button, the US Location dialog box will be displayed >> Select the desired state from the STATE list and select any city or town from the CITY / TOWN list >> Click OK.
- You will be returned to the main window, and you can see the weather forecast for the current day and the next three days, of your selected location.
Pinning WeatherBar to the Taskbar
You can pin WeatherBar to the Taskbar, to easily access it while working in other programs.
- Right-click on the WeatherBar2 icon on the Taskbar and select Pin this program to taskbar from the pop-up list.
- Again right-click on the WeatherBar2 icon on the Taskbar and select Close window from the pop-up menu.
- Now, you should see an icon on the Taskbar for WeatherBar2, that displays the current weather in the selected city.
To quickly see the high and low temperatures and small icons indicating weather conditions for the current day and the next three days, right-click on the Taskbar icon. A pop-up menu will be displayed providing a quick look at the weather.
You can change some settings of WeatherBar by clicking on settings button, which looks like a gear.
You can enter the update interval in form of minutes and specify the units in which temperature will be displyed.
Click here to download WeatherBar for free!